Monday, January 5, 2009

Skiing, Family and Yahtzee


We got back last night from our family ski trip in Ruidoso, NM. The trip was nice and the drive wasn't bad for the most part. Going there, the kids did great. Reid was the one I was most worried about but he stayed pretty content most of the drive. Coming back seemed like a lot longer but we lost an hour coming back into Texas which made it that much harder! Luckily, my mom rode with us so we had an extra pair of hands to help with the kiddos!


This was the first ski trip to take with my side of the family and we all had a blast! The kids took to skiing like a fish takes to water and I can't wait to go again! Reese looked so cute in her skiing gear and she didn't want to leave the mountain. Ross did well, but tired easily, which we plan on working on that before next year. Its motivation for all of us! I didn't realize how out of shape I was until this week! I was sore in muscles I didn't even know I had anymore. We though Reid was still a little small but he probably could have hung with the best of them. If you notice in the pictures, he is right there the whole time! He also had us laughing because everytime someone would fall, he would start cracking up! What a wise guy he is!
We also celebrated Ross's birthday while we were all together. He turns 9 tomorrow!
And the kids made their gingerbread house! Of course, Reese ate quite a bit of the icing before it made it to the house to decorate.
Reid pretended to be a dog while we all played Yahtzee! I won, of course!!

The kids really enjoyed the snow and I wished it would've snowed while we were there but at
least they got to play in it and enjoy what was there. I also completed my goal of reading two books while I was gone. If you are a sports fan and haven't read Josh Hamilton's book "Beyond Belief", then it is a must! What an awesome testimony he has and I can't wait to get it signed when baseball season starts again!! I read it to Bart while we were gone and it was nice. Sometimes we sat on the back porch and read while the kids watched for deer.

It was a great trip and it brought our family a little closer, even Bart and I had some bonding time dispite our kids running around, thanks to Josh Hamilton! (and mom for buying it for me for Christmas!)

I hope everyone had a great Christmas holiday! I am glad to be back and can't wait to catch up with everyone. I will end tonight with my favorite picture taken this past week. :)

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you guys had a great time. I love that picture of Reese towards the top.

    ReplyDelete