Thursday, January 15, 2009

Proof that pregnant brain stays with you long after pregnancy

Whoever used the phrase "pregnant brain" should've named it, once you become pregnant, get ready to lose your mind for the rest of your life! Oh, and also add the fact that it gets worse with each child long after giving birth.

So, I noticed Monday that my left foot was hurting just a bit. It had gotten to the point where I couldn't hardly bear any weight on it. My mind of course is filled with a jumbled mess of things such as basketball, class starting this week, laundry, Bart's schedule and well, you get the idea. I could not for the life of me remember what I did to hurt my foot! In the back of my mind I remember doing SOMETHING, I just don't know what, where or when. Every day it has continued to feel worse and become harder to walk on. I hobbled to basketball practice on Tuesday. Limped my way through classes on Wednesday. Today, I decided, hey, I better go get this checked out before working a 15 hour shift tomorrow. So, I run up to E-Care in McKinney. (great place by the way!!) My doctor does not have access to an Xray so this is where she told me to go. Way better than the E.R. and nice staff. Yes, they are paying me to advertise. So, apparently I probably have a hairline fracture in my foot. What the heck did I do??? So not only do I look like a total goofball walking around with one of those ugly blue velcro shoes and crutches, I sound like an idiot when trying to answer everyone's questions about what I did!! "What did you do?" "Yeah, about that...not so sure how I FRACTURED MY FOOT!" Seriously, I'm going to guess it had something to do with being a 32 year old grown woman on a trampoline with three kids. Or, better yet, dancing to Tobymac with said kids. On second thought, nah...couldn't be anything like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment