Saturday, December 19, 2009

Tonsillectomy Chronicles Day 5

Today is not much different from yesterday other than the fact that I attempted to go WATCH basketball. Ross had two games this morning and they were big games for our team. No, I didn't try to coach. I stayed home during the first game and Bart texted me the details and we lost so of course, I had to make an appearance in the second thinking they must've lost because Coach Mandie wasn't there. I must've been crazy!! Everyone wanted to talk to me and ask me where I've been and/or how my recovery was going. Then, I realized I couldn't yell during the game when I realized they weren't where they should be on the court etc. I started hurting, realizing I had been talking too much. My ears were killing me! So after the game, I went back to my bed! Tomorrow we have a big day planned with birthday parties and family Christmas parties so I'm hoping I feel up to it and didn't overdue it today. I am already giving up my Happy Birthday Jesus party at church with the kids in Sunday School since I can't talk and I rely on Bart too much!

I decided to come hang out on the couch to watch the Cowboys/Saints game tonight. Watching Bart eating left over enchiladas was a pain but what was worse than that was watching Reese throw up all over the floor. I sure hope she is not getting sick. I am sure it has NOTHING to do with the fact that she probably hasn't eaten a real meal since I've been down. I know she had a honey bun this morning and I'm pretty sure she has drank all the egg nog she can hold the last few days. The thought of regurgitated egg nog is making my stomach sick so this is all I have for day 5.

Note to self- Next time I have to have surgery (which I hope is years), make sure I plan out all the meals for the week(s) so that all Bart has to do is pop it in the oven or microwave.

No comments:

Post a Comment