Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Tonsillectomy Chronicles Day 15

I skipped alot of days I know. Christmas and the holidays kept me busy. Not busy enough to take my mind off the nagging pain in the back of my throat but good enough. It's definitely been better than the first week of ice picking and throat stabbing pain. It all seems to go in stages. The throat feels better but the ears hurt. The ears will feel a little better but the head hurts and well, you get the point. I felt decent around Christmas like I said and was able to eat quite a bit. I'm still eating almost normal but with caution. I think I got too excited with eating and over did it so I backed away from the Indian Tacos after the first one! I have finally made it to the day of my follow up appointment. (I thought it would never come!) It's tomorrow morning and guess what?? I have snow piling up all around me! It figures. I'm just curious about how I'm doing and if it is, in fact, okay to eat normally now. That aside, the weather is amazing...as long as I stay inside! The cold air pierces through my ears and straight to my throat! Yuck!

Two weeks later and I will say that looking back it probably was the worst surgery recovery I have ever had to deal with. I can at least sleep all night now without the excrutiating pain. It hurts when I wake up but nothing like before. According to others, I've done very well comparitively so definitely thankful for prayers, research on the internet and of course, my husband for taking care of me while I was down all the while playing "mom" to the kids. Now on to my house. I am starting to see a path at least from my room to the kitchen. Mom and I have shoveled trash from kids' rooms only to have them pile back up with new toys. So, my PRE-New Year's Resolution will be to get this place back to normal...whatever that is. I hear it takes a few months to feel normal again but I can handle what I feel now especially once I can breathe! Never knew how much your sinuses were intertwined in all of this either!

One thing I absolutely can't give up is my game shows. Deal or No Deal is on now. Howie is calling my name!

No comments:

Post a Comment