Monday, December 21, 2009

Tonsillectomy Chronicles Days 6&7

Yesterday was sooo not good. This recovery is like a rollercoaster. You never know how you are going to feel one day to the next. I was going to go to a family Christmas with Bart and the kids last night but as I was going to my mom's to get ready, I started feeling blah and Reese was sick so we stayed with Mom. Mom made some homeade potato soup, which I usually LOVE, but anything with salt in it burns my mouth these days like Dante's Inferno. My whole mouth will start hurting and then I can't get anything down. So frustrated! The first couple of days, I was drinking water and eating popsicles and now I can't even drink water! My afternoons and evenings are the best but my nights are still, well, nightmarish!! Christmas is now only a few days away. Bart goes back to work tomorrow. Luckily the kids will be with my mother in law tomorrow for most of the day. I still have to finish shopping and wrapping! I keep telling myself the good thing is, I did this in between semesters and before insurance change. I will make it through the holidays. I will. Er..I'm sure I will. Surely.

So I'm still able to get you caught up on game shows. I know the complete schedule now! I also know all the celeb gossip thanks to the E! channel being right below the Game Show Network. One word of advice to the folks at E!. You can't beat a dead horse. Tiger Woods being said horse.

I have also become addicted to reading other posts about recovering from tonsillectomies etc. Seems I still have a ways to go. And WOW! I must not have it to bad. No trips back to the ER etc. No bleeds. (hope I'm not jinxing myself) I am afraid of dehydration at this point since I haven't been able to drink as much but I am trying to at least get jell-o down since it just glides on down the throat and it is considered fluid! Whoop!

I missed getting to have Happy Birthday Jesus with our class on Sunday. Thinking I may still do a late party. I feel like I'm having to miss out on alot of the Christmas festivities anyways. I'm hoping to take the kids to the lights maybe Wednesday since that is our Christmas Eve. Santa is coming a day early since daddy works on Christmas Day and all. I've already booked a room at the Nana Inn for Christmas night for all of us! =) We will be eating dinner and doing Christmas over there with her and my sister anyways so it will be nice to just curl up and go to bed and have her help. She has also been a lifesaver coming over to help clean up around my house. It's been quite awful.

Well, Lingo is on and its time for me to try and D-R-I-N-K and rest some more.
Thanks for the prayers and please continue to pray for my "turnaround" to be soon! Like today or tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment