Tuesday, December 16, 2008

It Figures

I started out this week a little sour. We had a very busy but equally awesome Sunday. For one, we were all together instead of just me and the kids. We heard a great sermon and also finally felt unified and at peace in our decision for a church. Then, we had a great time visiting Bart's family for one of many Christmases. Finally, for the big finale of the day, we were off to Winter Wonder Slam to rock out to Tobymac, Relient K and Family Force 5. Granted, I was exhausted before we ever made it to the concert but this was Reese's first time to see Tobymac, unlike Ross's 3rd. She was so excited! After Family Force 5 played, she fell in love with them. They sing one of her favorite songs, "Luv Addict". We went down to see if they had youth sizes in their shirts but of course they didn't. She then decides she wants a bandana to wear as a do-rag. She was so stinkin' adorable I can't put it into words. The picture is a little dark because all I had was my phone and the concert was dark anyhow but maybe you can catch a glimpse of her overflowing cuteness.

She finally crashed on me halfway through Tobymac and I realized it was 11:00!








Well, it was also about this time that I found out Bart had decided to change shifts with someone and be off Friday instead of Tuesday. He has been working double shifts, one full one for Frisco,his full time department and one full shift for Van Alstyne to help cover for someone out on medical leave. So he is gone 48 hours and home for 24. It has been wearing on me so much. I stay tired and a little stressed, especially with the holidays and trying to shop and figure things out on my own. He was suppose to take Tuesday off from Van Alstyne and be off a couple of days. I was so excited and that's all I could think of Sunday is that after Monday, I would have him to myself for two whole days! Yeah, so we are sitting at the concert and he gets a text and he says "great! I get Friday instead of Tuesday off!" I'm thinking..what?? I was so bummed. I know that I will still have my two days with him after a few more days but I so needed it today. My shopping isn't done. I have Christmas parties for the kids on Friday and my mom's birthday. I know when Friday comes though, I will be glad he did it. I just need to make it through the next few days and keep telling myself that!! I guess on the bright side of things, I woke up feeling very sick today with an awful sinus infection and monster headache to go with it. If Bart were home, he would have been a great help with the kids but also we would've spent the day with me in bed feeling awful and not being able to enjoy him being home. So, everything works out the way it should. My house has paid for it today but that's an easy fix and I'm so not going to think about it today. Rest, take care of the kids and look forward to Friday AND Saturday. On a side note..I just heard Reese refer to herself as "hot".

No comments:

Post a Comment