Thursday, January 21, 2010

Music!


Well, crazy me went to a concert last Friday with my favorite concert partner, Cheyenne. (my niece) I am looking at some permanent hearing and nerve damage to my left ear after my last concert, when I was right next to the amps and since then can hear nothing but static. I go to the doctor in two weeks to find out the results of my MRI. Will it keep me from going to concerts? Not at all. That would be like taking a part of me away. Music is my life and especially Christian rock. Finally, after all these years, we have great lyrics, guitar riffs and music to appeal to even the hardest of rockers that didn't think it was possible to have both a great Christian message AND great rock. It's what I do. It's who I am. It's part of what I'm called to do with working with teens and adolescents in the future and now. I've had people tell me I'm too old. I spend too much time into my music. I go to too many concerts. You name it, I've heard it. Try telling that to my niece, who I take to every Christian rock concert that comes within a 50 mile radius. That's also part of what Bart and I love to do together. A passion we share.

To put everyone's mind at ease, last Friday, I did at least wear an ear plug in my bad ear and was still able to achieve the perfect concert experience other than getting elbowed in the face and hitting my niece in the jaw while jumping around like fools in the mosh pit. Here are some lyrics from a band called Children 18:3 and I think of them quite often when people try to put down my love of music and concerts. I have also posted a couple of pics from the concert last week. It was The Wedding, Pillar and RED. Great music, great guys, great messages. Rock on!


It's alright it's a stereotype
And I don't mind if you use it
It's alright you can say what you like
Just don't mock the music! ~Children 18:3

No comments:

Post a Comment